NEMRC Hardware Specifications
End users are encouraged to use NEMRC as a source for hardware information. NEMRC can facilitate your hardware purchases and provide maintenance and network support.
The minimum configuration for the main system unit is:
- PC computer
- Windows 7 Professional / Windows 8 Professional / Windows 10 Professional
- 4 GB of RAM (minimum)
- 200MB of available disk space (minimum)
- Online features require Internet access with at least a 56kbps connection. DSL, Cable or other broadband preferred.
For more information on NEMRC supported versions of Windows go to our Windows Compatibility page.
NEMRC does not recommend wireless networking.
Additional items required are:
- An uninterruptible power supply (UPS). A UPS is used to protect your computer from power outages and power fluctuations.
- Surge protection on networking cabling, and/or phone lines to prevent lightning strikes to electronics.
- Network Interface Card for additional connectivity (usually standard) or modem.
Recommended items are:
- Flash drive/memory stick for data backup (2GB or more)
- Anti-virus Software with definition updating capacity
- Latest operating system patches from the Internet
The following is a sample configuration:
- Intel® Core™ i3 Processor
- 8 GB of RAM
- 19 inch LCD Monitor
- Windows 7 Professional
- APC Back-UPS ES BE550G 550 VA
- Gigabit Ethernet
- HP LaserJet m401n printer with printer cable
- 8GB USB Flash Drive
- AVG Anti-virus Business Edition
NEMRC recommends the Dell Latitude 11 5000 Series Windows 10 Pro Tablet for use with the Microsolve Cama "Export data to Tablet/Laptop" feature
- Latitude 11 5000 Series Windows 10 Pro Tablet
- Intel® Core m™ processor with at least 4 GB Ram
- Windows 10 Pro
- 128GB of Solid State Storage
- 8.0Mpixel rear facing camera