2. Adjust Amounts Billed
Adjust Amounts Billed is most commonly used to correct an error or omission that was created when the Tax Bills were printed. If the adjustment is for the current Tax Year and the Grand List entity is available to transfer to Tax Administration then these entries are automated using that procedure. Before you Adjust Amounts Billed make sure you print out a Detail Transaction report and a Status Report (both from the Reports Menu) for the account you are changing.
Click on "3. Adjusting Entries" from the Main Menu and the following window will appear:
Consider the description that appears when you place the mouse over "2. Adjust Amounts Billed." Click "2. Adjust Amounts Billed" and the following window will appear:
- Select the Parcel you are seeking. For additional information on finding Parcels, refer to TA GENERAL PARCEL LOOKUPS.
- Reason for adjustment: Type a reason for this adjustment. This is a required field.
- Current Amounts Billed: These are the original amounts that were billed.
- The original Principal billed per payment.
- The original Interest billed per payment.
- The original Penalty billed per payment.
- The original Other charges billed.
- Change Values To: What you wish to change the original amounts to. These are total billing values and NOT present amounts due values.
- Principal: What you wish to change the Principal amount to per payment.
- Interest: What you wish to change the Interest amount to per payment.
- Penalty: What you wish to change the Penalty amount to per payment.
- Other: What you wish to change the Other charges amount to.
- Perform Adjustment: Click "Perform Adjustment" to complete this adjustment. Print a new Detail Transaction report and Status Report to follow the transactions applied.
- Cancel:Click "Cancel" to cancel and return to the previous screen.