B. Apply Credits in a Year
Before you continue, you will want to print or preview a Detail Transaction report from the Reports Menu.
Click on "3. Adjusting Entries" from the Main Menu and the following window will appear:
Consider the description that appears when you place the mouse over "B. Apply credits in a year." Click "B. Apply credits in a year" and the following window will appear:
- Tax Year: Select the Tax Year you wish to Apply credits in. For additional help with finding a Tax Year, refer to TA GENERAL TAX YEAR LOOKUPS.
- Apply credit on deposit: The deposit number offered is the current number as controlled by the software. This number will group this particular activity for processing.
- Reason for adjustment: Define a comment to store with the transaction.
- Perform Adjustment: Click this button to have the application process the task. After you perform the adjustment, you should run "2. Post Cash Receipts" off the Main Menu.
- Print Proof Sheet: Click this button to print a report of these adjustments. Refer to GENERAL PRINTING for more information.
- Preview Proof Sheet: Click this button to preview a report for these adjustments. Refer to GENERAL PREVIEW for more information.
- Cancel: Click "Cancel" to cancel and return to the previous screen.