Utility Billing FAQ
Table of Contents
Click on "1. Cash Receipts" on the Main Menu. The following window will appear:
- Select the account you are seeking. For additional information on finding accounts, refer to UB GENERAL ACCOUNT LOOKUPS.
- Cancel : Click "Cancel" to return to the Main Menu.
After selecting the account (you may need to hit enter to bring it up) the following options will appear (if applicable):
- Account Information : Information regarding this account.
- Bring fully paid bills back from history : Use to reverse a payment that was moved to history during a previous period close.
- Appky Credit : To apply a credit, click "Apply Credit" and the window will change slightly (see "Apply Credit" below).
- Check Number or (CASH) : If the word cash is entered, the system will report cash totals separate from check totals. If the field is left blank, or a check number is written, it will be reported with Checks.
- Amount Received : Enter payment received.
- Remittance Number : The remittance number is user defined and is transferred to General Ledger, if a link is established. Remittance Number and Payment Date should be uniform for all aspects of a deposit.
- Payment Date : Enter date that payment was made. Remittance Number and Payment Date should be uniform for all aspects of a deposit.
- Save Receipt : Click to post the payment to the account.
- Cancel : Click "Cancel" to cancel and return to the previous screen without posting.
When you enter an amount received, and click on "Save Receipt" the following window will appear:
- Seqn : Sequence number for the due date (assigned by the system).
Due Date : Date that payment is due.
- Balance : SAmount customer owes.
Paid : You may enter the Amount Received as it is to be applied to each service. You may also populate these fields automatically by hitting "enter" on your keyboard.
- Amount Received : entered in previous screen for "Amount Received".
- Amount Distributed : Portion of Amount Received that has been distributed as payment of charges.
- Amount Remaining : Amounts left to distribute from Amount Received.
- Expand : Click on "Expand" to view a brief history of the selected charge.
- Save : Click "Save" to save, and return to the first Cash Receipts screen.
Click on the "Apply Credit" button and the following window will appear:
- Amount of Credit to Apply : Enter the amount of credit to apply (in dollars).
- Payment Date : the date the credit is being applied.
- Save Credit Change : Click "Save Credit Change" to save the credit to this account.
- Cancel : Click "Cancel" to cancel and return to the first Cash Receipts screen without saving the credit.