Utility Billing FAQ
Table of Contents
Click "2. Meter Readings" on the Main Menu and the following window will appear:
Enter Meter Readings
- Individual : Click on the circle to the left of "Individual" to enter an individual meter reading (see "Individual" below).
- Book : Click on the circle to the left of "Book" to enter meter readings for an entire book (see "Book" below).
Click the circle next to "Individual" and the following window will appear:
- Select an account. For additional help on finding accounts, refer to UB GENERAL ACCOUNT LOOKUPS.
- Click "Enter Readings" to enter meter readings for the account you have selected.
Click "Cancel" to cancel and return to the Main Menu without entering any meter readings.
Click the circle next to "Book" and the following window will appear:
- Book : Click the drop down arrow to select the book for which you wish to enter meter readings.
- Order : Click circle next to order ("Account," "Name," or "Sequence") in which you wish data to be sorted for account selection. Next, enter information or partial information in the field that appears below "Beginning With" and click "Find." For further information on finding accounts, refer to "UB GENERAL ACCOUNT LOOKUPS."
Your choice of order will determine the order in which readings must be entered.
- Click "Enter Readings" to enter meter readings into the account you have selected, in the order that you specified (see "Enter Readings" below).
Click "Cancel" to return to the Main Menu without entering meter readings.
After clicking on "Enter Readings" a prompt will appear if meters need to be rolled. The message will depend on whether meter readings are being entered for an individual or for a book.
If the above message appears, review the account (accounts, if you selected a Book), using "6. Account Maintenance" on the Main Menu. It is important to ensure that the present meter readings are correct and that each rate has the check box marked that meter readings have been entered. Refer to "UB M6 ACCOUNT MAINENANCE" under the "Meter" and "Rate" tabs. Failure to perform this check may result in a lost meter reading (the most current reading will be overwritten). Any additional notices in the above message would indicate accounts are in a condition where the last meter reading data could be over written.
Click "Cancel" to return to the previous screen, without rolling meters.
If you choose "No" then the following "Serious Warning" prompt will appear:
If you still wish to continue, click "Yes". The following window will appear, allowing you to enter a meter reading.
- Date : Enter the date the meter was read. This date will automatically populate subsequent accounts.
- Reading : Enter the actual reading taken for this meter number at this service location. Be sure the reading is entered in the same units as recorded (the units appear above the word "Reading"). A reading value less than the previous reading will automatically calculate roll over consumption.
- Use Average : Click to use average consumption for this meter reading. Average Consumption is determined based on usage over the previous 14 meter readings. "Use Average" may be used when a meter reading is not available. We recommend that you use the comment field to indicate that the reading was unavailable, and that the average consumption was used in its place. Refer to "UB M6 ACCOUNT MAINTENANCE" under the "Meter" tab for more information on previous meter readings.
- Current Comment : Enter comments made in the meter book. These comments may be viewed in "6. Account Maintenance" under the "Meter tab", and will not appear on the bill.
- Save and go to Previous : Save this account/meter reading and move back to last account/meter reading input.
- Save and Close : Save this account/meter reading and close this screen.
- Cancel : not save this account/meter reading and close this screen.
- Save and go to Next : Save this account/meter reading and move forward to the next account/meter reading to input.